The technological advances in miniaturized, ultra-low power embedded systems, in communication protocols and in AI techniques, are leading to disruptive innovations. How to embrace the opportunities and challenges offered by smart machine learning devices and IoT connected technologies?
Connecting Artificial Intelligence (AI) to Internet of Things (IoT) will cover three main themes:
- Smart machine learning devices enabeling edge AI in cloud-based IoT (hardware and software designs, AI technologies and power/energy requirements),
- Communication for IoT (latest protocols and standards) and
- Examples of Industry 4.0, smart homes and wearable IoT devices (including practical case studies of application-oriented IoT designs).
This course is designed for top and middle managers wanting to learn the fundamentals and understand the latest trends of IoT technologies and edge AI computing. It is organized by EPFL (Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne) and will be held in Lausanne, Switzerland.
- Prof. David Atienza Alonso, Full Professor of Electrical & Computer Engineering and Head of Embedded Systems Laboratory (ESL), EPFL
- Mr. Matteo Feo, Electronics & Digital Experience, Nespresso, Nestlé System Technology Center
- Mr. Ramzi Bouzerda, Founder and CEO at Droople
- Prof. Andreas Burg, Associate Professor of Electrical Engineering and Head of Telecommunications Circuits Laboratory (TCL), EPFL
- Dr. Miguel Peón Quiros, Sustainable Computing Systems Manager, EcoCloud Center, EPFL
- Dr. Martino Ruggiero, Head of Systems Architectures and Special Projects, PMI Science & Innovation
- Mr. Denis Vörös, Head of Product at Droople
- Prof. Marina Zapater, Associate Professor, REDS Institute, HEIG-VD, HES-SO, Switzerland